Saturday, January 12, 2013

Best Face Photo of 2012 at I Heart Faces


This week's theme at I Heart Faces is, Best Face Photo of 2012.  I took so many images of cute little faces this year but this one is bittersweet.  I was in Honduras on a mission trip to bring encouragement to pastor's wives and also to help with a medical outreach in the villages.  One afternoon, we took the pastor's wives shopping as a treat and this little girl was the daughter of one of them.  During the bus ride to the market, she was very shy.  She continued to watch me and then gradually got braver.  She eventually popped up and over the seat of the bus to give me this little grin.  I love so much about this image.  The bus.  The way you can see hints of dirt around her mouth.  The hand of her Mama, ready in the wings to grab her if she lost her balance.  Her Mama's hand...the hand of a woman who works hard in less than optimal conditions.  But most of all, this little girl's spirit shines through. 





Go over to I Heart Faces and see all the other great entries!

3 comments:

  1. Visiting from I Heart Faces... Love this photo - It's easy to see she has a lot of personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwww! This is adorable. I love that she became your friend on the bus ride. I also love that you were helping the needy : ). I taught a photography class to some home schoolers on Friday and one of the children told me he was leaving for a mission trip to Honduras on Saturday. Thank you for making a difference Karin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet face and a gorgeous capture!!

    ReplyDelete